16.6.09

Felt Toys : Cosmetics Set

Recently, I bought a Japanese crafts book ( ISBN978-4-8347-2818-7 ) that is all about making felt toys for kids. My younger daughter was mesmerized with this set of make-up toys :


I decided to change the color scheme because , well, just look at it ! How many levels of pinkness are there ? I sewed up the powder puff set first :

Notice that I've sewn the mirror upside-down. Things like this happens when you watch TV and sew at the same time. I'm just glad I didn't sew my fingers onto it too. While Little J was going ga-gas over her new toy, I thought it would be quite fun if I add a new one every night. When she wakes up in the morning, there will be a little anticipation about what is in the box, followed by a happy surprise. We should all wake up that way, don't you think ? The next morning she woke up and found ...

Two bottles of nail polish !
Following morning ...


Eye shadow ! ( This one is my design. )

... and the next : Pink Blush !!

And , the finale , lipsticks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi...I'm an young italian blogger and I have a blog about sewing, cooking, creativity and other things...

    I had made a similar toys... http://chebirba.blogspot.com/2009/10/giocattoli-di-stoffa-2-per-le-bambine.html

    I'd like to invite you to visit my blog...

    thanks Laura

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts !
( please refrain from selling things on my site )