18.6.09

Rice Cooker Cheesecake


The recipe was originally from a shopping channel... can't find it now that I'm going to blog about it... It calls for 3 x250 gms of cream cheese. However, I am making just a tiny cheesecake to tame the sweet tooth, so I one thirded the recipe and upped the sweetness level. ( My recipe differs from the original , because ... because I enjoy deviating from recipes . It's more fun this way. Really. )

So, into the blender I threw the followings :

- one block of cream cheese ( 250 gms )
- one egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
- a little wedge of lime juice
- few drops of vanilla essence
- 1 over flowing teaspoon of corn flour
- a pinch of salt

Blend until smooth, pour into a cake pan that fits inside the rice cooker. Wrap aluminium foil all around. Drop into rice cooker that's filled with 1.5 cups of water. Set timer to 40 mins. Leave inside rice cooker for an hour with the power off. Take out, cool, refridgerate.

What I like about this cake is that you don't have to deal with the buttery digestive biscuit crust. That just gets in the way when all you want is a taste of the rich and the creamy in the cheese cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts !
( please refrain from selling things on my site )