16.7.09

Transferring Dress-making Patterns



With double-side sticky tape and carbon papers, you can make yourself a large sheet of transfer paper. I transfer my patterns onto brown packing paper, like those use in the post office. They are in extra large size and sturdy to be be chalked over when weighted on top of fabric. What I also like is that I can let my kids draw all over them before using it. It's a treat to draw on triple XL paper instead of the ordinary A4 sizes.

To make one, first you decide on the size. I lay the carbon paper out on my crafts table to see how many sheets is needed to fit the width of the table. Then stick double-sided tape on one edge of the carbon papers. The last piece is left as is, without any tape on. Stick them together to form a row. Continue to make several of these rows until you get the desired length. My sheet's length is as long as the patterns sheet. Then using double-sided tape, stick the rows side-by-side to form a large sheet.

You'll end up with blue fingers and one large sheet of carbon paper which should last for a long time. To store , just fold it up and place it inside a ziploc bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts !
( please refrain from selling things on my site )